Edwards X19 Satin Flugelhorn
The Edwards X-19 Flugelhorn was designed with Paul Tynan, a longtime friend of Edwards as a replacement for his old Couesnon. That instrument was leaky as a sieve but had the sound and feel Paul wanted. The X-19 features a small bore design, minimalist bracing, and an intimate grip, all three of which allow you to feel the resonance of the horn as you perform.
Every flugelhorn has its own intonational problems. We have worked hard to make this instrument predictable so that you can focus on the music.
- Leadpipe: No step, Couesnon style
- Bore size: .425”
- Valves: Standard nickel silver pistons with lifetime warranty
- Branch: Bell bend and single radius
- Bell material: 2 Piece sheet and sheet, handcrafted, yellow brass
- Bell weight: 23 Gauge (.022” thick)